Social Media Strategist
WaitWhat is looking for a full-time social media editor who can communicate with passionate audiences using data-driven insights and your own creativity, as we work together to bring new media launches to scale and build communities around them.
You’ll have a minimum of four years of professional experience in social media, with a proven ability to turn analytics into actions, and to create meaningful social media experiences that enrich communities and expand audiences. You enjoy both setting strategy and executing the day-to-day through paid and organic social.
You’re looking for a job where you can put your talents to work for meaningful media you actually enjoy. You must love startup culture, feel energized by team environments, and have an all-hands-on-deck attitude. You’re looking for a place where you’ll have significant opportunities to feed your audience’s insights back to the company to create and make an impact. You’re an evangelist for the value of social media to create and feed passion in audiences.
Develop social media strategies for the properties on the WaitWhat roster, working with creators and guests to develop voice and approach
Execute those strategies daily, combining insights from data with your own exceptional writing skills
Monitor and modify those strategies based on audience insights
Create simple visual and animated assets for sharing, and oversee creation of more complex assets
Gather and interpret metrics for creators and partners across platforms and properties
Plan and execute paid social campaigns, especially around launches
Follow industry news and experiment with emerging tools and techniques
Manage partner relationships around social campaigns
Other responsibilities as assigned.
Founded in January 2017, WaitWhat is a new-media incubator. Its properties include the award-winning podcast Masters of Scale, with Reid Hoffman, and Should This Exist? with Caterina Fake, with more launches cued up shortly. The company’s growth is driven by invention: creating and launching new properties across many forms of media, from podcasts to live events; bringing these properties to scale; and expanding our IP across platforms with great partners. The common thread: Everything we produce has a “Wait, what?’ moment that sparks your curiosity and changes your understanding of the world.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum 4 years of professional social media experience, with a proven track record in building and expanding social audiences.
- Professional experience with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
- Professional experience with relevant social media monitoring tools.
- Excellent writing skills, and an ability to write for a range of editorial voices.
- Excellent spelling and grammar skills (bonus points if you spot the typo in this listing).
- Basic design skills using Photoshop and/or animation tools.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask on deadline.
- Confidence in executing tasks independently, working with remote team members, and interacting with peers and senior executives at partner companies.
- Newsletter experience is a big plus.
This is a FT staff position with benefits. The position is based in our (amazing! accessible!) Manhattan incubator space. We’re a startup that is committed to representation and diversity in both our products and our hiring. Compensation is competitive. We only hire extremely nice people.